Thank you for your consideration!
A Virgin Islands Auto Rental, LLC Rental Agent will send you a payment link or contact you.
A copy of the form that you filled out, along with our Rental Terms was sent to the email address that you provided.
The Team Members of
Virgin Islands Auto Rental, LLC
Renters are advise to stick to their scheduled return time, especially if it is scheduled before our business opening time or additional charges may apply.
There is a LET US KNOW form on our website that you are urged to fill out and send to us to schedule an early return time. Please feel free to call us 340 714 8427 or you can also chat with a live VIAR agent online.
Doing so is only permitted with written approval from a VIAR agent. There is a LET US KNOW form on our website that you are urged to fill out and send to us to schedule an early return time. Please feel free to call us 340 714 8427 or you can also chat with a live VIAR agent online.
You are responsible for the cost (which is due in full, before or upon return of your rental vehicle) of all damages to your rental vehicle, all parking fines, tickets/violation(s), flat or damaged tires, lost/damaged keys, removal of trash inside of your rental vehicle upon return, dirty, sandy, smoke scented vehicle(s) and wet seats that occurred while the vehicle has been in your possession during the rental period. If you have additional driver(s) on your rental agreement(s) you are responsible for the other vehicle(s) and the actions/negligence of all additional driver(s). You are also responsible for knowing/educating your self about the rules of the road and the Virgin Islands laws prior to renting a vehicle with VIAR. Most importantly KEEP LEFT!
Absolutely no smoking inside of your rental vehicle.
A $500 cleaning fee will be assessed for vehicles returned with evidence of smoking. Removing the smoke scent requires a vehicle be taken out of service for up to 24-hours so it can be cleaned with a natural deodorizer and an oxidation process applied.
Please call 911 then Virgin Islands Auto Rental, LLC (VIAR) at 340-714-VIAR (8427)
*DO NOT leave the scene of an accident without filing a police report.
To rent or operate a vehicle from VIAR all drivers must be at-least 25yrs of age.
All passengers must wear seat-belts when the vehicle is in operation.
It is the responsibility of the supervising adult to ensure that any child under 5 years old is seated in a federally-approved child car seat.
Children should be placed in the back seat in child restraint seats.
*VIAR agent(s) are not permitted to install car seats in your rental vehicle.
Cancellation of Rental Request/Reservations/Rental Agreement:
Date (mentioned on your Rental Request/Reservations/Rental Agreement)
*Changes to your pick-up date, 2wks prior to your pick-up date, can be done without a penalty.
*Changes within 2wks of your pick-up date, you will still be liable from the original pick-up date.
*Renters name (name on Rental Request/Reservations/Rental Agreement), Drivers license and credit card must be the same person.
*Your Rental Request/Reservations/Rental Agreement is NOT Transferable.
If you wish to change the Renters name and/or credit card holders name, then the original reservation must be cancelled and a new reservation made.
You are required to inform us of any delay(s) in your travel, to avoid cancellation by a VIAR agent. Failure to do so and having your Rental Request/Reservation/Rental Agreement canceled will be considered as a No Show and we will retain 100% of the rental amount.
In the event of a no show by a customer, we will retain 100% of the rental amount.
No refunds or credit if you return your rental vehicle early.
*You will incur additional charges if you return your rental vehicle at a different time or place to that agreed with us and if it dirty and/or in a smelly condition. Smoking in the vehicle will incur an extra charge.
*Your rental charges are calculated in 24 hour periods from the time shown on the Rental Request/Reservations/Rental Agreement. If you return the vehicle late you enter into a new 24 hour period and will be charged for that and every successive 24 hour period you enter before return.
*In addition to charging Additional Rental Day(s) for late return, we reserve the right to make this charge to compensate us for the loss of rental we incur for the inability to rent your vehicle to our next customer and having to seek a vehicle to satisfy our next customer, there will also be a processing charge applied.
*To help you, we usually allow a 30 minutes grace period to return the vehicle without being charged an extra day.
There is a grace period of 30 minutes, over 24 hours rental period $25per hr for the first 2hrs and an Extra day is charged after the 2hrs.
A change to the Return Time might involve an increase to your rental charges. If you change Return Location we may charge a Car ferry and port fees plus a processing charge to cover our cost of returning the vehicle to its original location.
1. The Renter(Name on your rental agreement) should be the one returning his or her rental vehicle.
2. Your vehicle must be returned at the scheduled location by the time stated on your Rental Agreement, or as otherwise agreed with us, or additional charges may apply.
3. Your rental vehicle(s) must be inspected by a VIAR agent. Vehicle(s) returned without inspection from a VIAR agent, you will be responsible for any damages found, that was not noted on your vehicle diagram upon your rental pick up. Please be aware that you will be responsible for the vehicle until a VIAR agent locate it. (Such as fuel, damages, lost)
Some damage will not be apparent on post-rental inspection, such as damage caused to inaccessible parts of the vehicle (e.g. the engine, fuel tank or clutch) or hidden by adverse light or weather conditions. If we find any such damage we will notify you, with evidence, before we charge you.
We aim to complete this within 24 hours of the end of your rental.
Some charges can’t be finally determined on return, such as for major damages or any fines we receive relating to your rental. We will notify you of any such charges and arrange for payment when these are identified.
1. You should allow enough time before your ferry or flight to complete the inspection with a VIAR agent. If you don’t have time to do this any new damages found will be assessed in your absence.
2. If you are not present on return, we will notify you by phone/ mail/ email and charge on your final invoice. We aim to complete this within 24 hours of the end of your rental.
3. If you return your rental vehicle without having an inspection with a VIAR agent you will remain fully responsible for the vehicle, including any damage, until we are able to locate it.
1. Your rental vehicle is provided with a full tank of fuel.
2. Your rental vehicle must be returned with the same amount of fuel received upon pickup.
3. Failure to do so, there will be a refueling charge of $25.00 plus the cost of the amount of fuel needed.
4. Bring your fuel receipt with you when returning your rental vehicle. If you do not do so, we reserve the right to charge you for fuel needed and apply a refueling charge.
A good option, if you are in a hurry and do not have time to refuel the tank on return. You can prepay for a full tank of fuel upon pick-up.
We charge you at the start of your rental for a full tank of fuel at a price competitive with local fuel stations. You will have nothing more to pay to us for your fuel. Please note that we do not provide a refund for unused fuel.
*You might find it more convenient to pay for a full tank at the start of the rental and save time refueling on return by taking this option.
You can add an additional driver to your rental agreement however, we will need to see their drivers license and a charge will apply. All additional driver(s) must be at-least 25yrs or older.
*Authorized drivers: Only the renter and any other person(s) authorized by us may drive your rental vehicle.
*Driving under the influence, or having an impairment due to alcohol, drugs or medication is strictly prohibited.
You can choose from our range of additional equipment and services, including WiFi, car seats, rinse kit, beach chairs, umbrellas, ice chest, portable vacuum all of which are subject to availability at each location.
Upon return of your rental vehicle you must declare all tickets, fines and violations received to a VIAR agent.
You are responsible for all fines, including parking fines, tickets/violations incurred in relation to your rental vehicle during your rental period.
If a ticket/fine or violation was not declared to us upon return of your rental, we will process these on your behalf, which we will pay and recover from you by way of reimbursement and add a processing charge. Alternately, we may be required to provide your details to the relevant authority, who may contact you directly.
Processing charge is for our time and costs we incur in dealing with any matter(s) pertaining to the rental vehicle you rented during your rental period.
Loss of use coverage is for the loss income VIAR suffers from the inability to rent the vehicle due to an accident that cause the vehicle to be taken out of commission for mechanical repairs for some period. Many policies do not include loss of use when you rent. Make sure you know before you refuse this coverage offered at the counter.
You can buy Roadside Assistance Coverage for any breakdowns that are your fault, including for flat tires, out of fuel, dead battery, lost keys or keys locked in the vehicle.
If you experience any problem with the vehicle due to mechanical failure please give us a call or if there has been an accident you should call 911 and file a police report. You will be responsible to us for any additional cost we incur where you are at fault.
*Please note that you must not allow anyone to service or repair the vehicle without written permission from Virgin Islands Auto Rental, LLC.
Your liability to us may include (amongst others):
• Cost of repairs – loss of rental income.
• Towing and storage charges.
• Loss in value of the vehicle.
• A processing charge to recover our costs for dealing with these issues and any related claim.
We offer Rental Assurance Coverage. If there is a medical emergency, this coverage allows you to cancel your Rental Agreement and receive a refund of the balance of the unused rental day(s). Only Offered to those renting for 1 week or more.
This not Insurance and is not mandatory. Our insurance coverage must be accepted with this coverage which reduces the insurance deductible to $1,000.00.
Roadside Assistance Coverage and Loss of use coverage is included in this LDWC.
Our insurance coverage is “Free”
Our insurance policy comes with a deductible of $1,500.00, you are responsible for any damages up to our deductible amount, if our insurance coverage is accepted.
Renter assumes all liability for all damages to the vehicle and all claims against the owner(s) not covered by this insurance. Renter is responsible for all damages and injuries resulting from his or her and additional driver(s) negligence and shall hold harmless and compensate Virgin Islands Auto Rental, LLC for damages, loss sustained and all expense(s) incurred during the rental period and any claim, law suit incur there from.
Renter is also responsible for loss of use and for paying all damages upon return of their rental vehicle, before leaving the island.
• You will need to present VIAR with proof of your personal insurance.
• Please contact your insurance agent to verify you are covered to drive in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
• U.S. Virgin Islands law requires that all drivers are insured and have proof of insurance available when needed.
• When using insurance coverage through your credit card you may be required to pay for your entire rental cost using the same credit card, in order to be covered.
You should verify this with your credit card company.
You are responsible for the security of the vehicle and should try to minimize the risk of theft or vandalism by parking in a safe place. Always remove valuable items (including any removable radio, DVD player or GPS) from sight and make sure the vehicle is locked. You must also comply with our return policy.
Processing Charge– is for our time and costs we incur in dealing with any matter(s) pertaining to your rental vehicle, during your rental period. Processing Charge ranges from $25 to $100.
Smoking Charge– Smoking is prohibited in all of VIAR rental vehicles. This covers our costs of preparing the vehicle for the next rental. Absolutely no smoking inside of your rental vehicle.
A $500 cleaning fee will be assessed for vehicles returned with evidence of smoking. Removing smoke scent requires a vehicle be taken out of service for at-least 24-hours so it can be cleaned with a natural deodorizer and an oxidation process applied. In addition, we can suffer a loss of rental for the inability to rent your returned rental vehicle to our next customer.
Refueling Charge– Your rental vehicle must be returned with the same amount of fuel received upon pickup of your rental vehicle. Failure to do so, there will be a refueling charge of $25.00 plus the cost of the amount of fuel needed.
Extra Cleaning Charge– Applies if you return the vehicle needing more than our standard cleaning to make it ready for its next customer rental (e.g. Returning your vehicle with sand inside and/or wet seats you may incur this charge). Extra Cleaning Charge ranges from $25 to $100.
Vehicle Transporting Charge– This charge is paid to the Car ferry company and can be purchased as a one way or round trip ticket. We will only apply this charge on your request, if your flight is delayed making you unable to catch the last car ferry to St. John. Please note that Port fees will be applied and a processing charge will be assessed.
(Also to avoid this charge you are responsible for returning your rental vehicle at your scheduled return location, so it would make sense to purchase a round trip ticket if you picked up your rental vehicle from St. Thomas and staying St. John).
Other Charges– Returning your vehicle at a different place or VIAR location to that agreed with us, you can incur the following charges: Parking fees, Port fees and Car ferry fees can be assessed in addition to a processing charge.
Mandatory $3.75 per vehicle rental day (subject to change)
We are responsible for providing your rental vehicle in good overall and operating condition and for replacing the vehicle with another one in the event of a breakdown where we are at fault. If your rental vehicle is not replaced by VIAR then a full credit of the remaining days on your Rental Agreement will be refunded. In this case our responsibility to you will not cover loss of profits or loss of opportunity. VIAR also reserve the right to downgrade or upgrade you base on the amount of passenger(s) noted on your Rental Agreement.
*Your rental rate will be reduced if the downgrade is to a cheaper vehicle and there is NO additional cost if you are upgraded by VIAR.
1. Upon return of your rental vehicle you must DECLARE all tickets/fines and violations received.
2. You must care for, use and return the vehicle in accordance with your Rental Terms and your Rental Agreement.
3. You are responsible for returning the vehicle in the condition we provided it in, subject to normal wear and tear. You will be responsible to us, to the extent allowed under applicable law, for any additional damage found on return.
4. You are responsible to us if the vehicle is returned late or early, lost or damaged, as well as for all tickets/fines, violations and other charges that arise during your rental period including any processing charge.
5. Please read your Rental Terms and Rental Agreement carefully to understand your obligations in full.
You may not use your rental vehicle:
1. Off road or on roads unsuitable for the vehicle (including racetracks).
2. When it is overloaded with passengers and/ or baggage.
3. To haul/tow, push or pull any vehicle, trailer or other objects and carry surf boards (without written permission from VIAR).
4. To carry anything which may harm the vehicle (explosive or combustible materials Example Fuel Jugs that had or have fuel inside) or delay our ability to rent the vehicle to the next customer (because of its condition or smell).
5. To smoke inside or for any illegal purpose.
6. To transport pets or animals (unless in writing from VIAR)
7. To sit on the roof top or the hood of the vehicle.
8. To carry passengers in the trunk area of the vehicle.
9. To Drive on a beach, which will cause damage by salt water and/or sand.
10. If anyone inside is standing, No standing is permitted while the vehicle is in motion
*If you do not comply with these Rental Restrictions:
• You will be responsible for any damage(s), losses and expenses we suffer as a result.
• We may terminate your Rental Agreement and take the vehicle back at any time, at your expense.
• VIAR stands for Virgin Islands Auto Rental, LLC
• Your Rental Agreement is the document you are required to sign (generally headed “Rental Agreement” which includes a summary of your rental (e.g. length, return date and time). By signing, you indicate that these details are correct as well as your acceptance of VIAR Rental Terms.
• Your Rental Agreement is NOT Transferable.
• All credits are valid for 1 year starting from your original pickup date.
• Your Rental Agreement should be in the name that is on your government issued drivers license. (No nicknames e.g. Jim for James or Peg for Margaret unless it is noted on your government issued drivers license and credit card).
• The name on your drivers license should match the name on the credit card (e.g. Renters name and credit card holder must be the same person).
• Your VIAR agent will verify the name on your credit card using your drivers license.
• Your rental agreement will consist of more than one document, it will include all charges agreed at the start of the rental (which will be prepaid) and your agreement to pay any other charges that arise during your rental period.
If you wish to change the Renters name and/or credit card holders name, then the original reservation must be cancelled and a new reservation made.
We strive to listen attentively, offer convenience and exceptional service both online and in person.
To be an ethical, reliable and accessible auto rental business offering exceptional service to all licensed drivers.